- Nuclear medicine has the ability to provide a functional image for diagnosis.
- These images distinguish themselves from other diagnostic imaging modalities by demonstrating the function of an organ or lesion.
- Use of radiopharmaceuticals combined with radiation physics to perform diagnostic imaging.
- A variety of radiopharmaceuticals are chosen according to physiological interactions.
- The patient receives this radiopharmaceutical via intravenous injection or oral administration.
- Images are acquired using a gamma camera.
For accurate test results, it is very important to prepare your body properly. Please follow the procedures required for your particular test.
Click here for specific instructions for your test preparation.